John Goodman has represented clients in complex litigation for more than 25 years. He has tried jury and non-jury cases in state and federal courts in Alabama, throughout the region and beyond.
His practice is principally in the area of class action and mass action defense, having served as lead counsel in more than 100 putative class actions and in more than 20 different states.
John’s work in this area has covered a broad spectrum of substantive law, including securities, product liability, environmental, employment, contract and insurance class actions, and has likewise spanned a wide variety of industries.
John has also litigated competition law issues, serving as lead counsel for businesses in more than 50 antitrust, intellectual property and noncompetition covenant cases.
He has argued cases in both the Alabama Supreme Court and the Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals. John is recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® in the areas of class action defense and commercial litigation.
- University of Virginia School of Law, J.D., 1988, Raven Society
- University of Virginia, B.A., 1984, Intermediate Honors; 47 West Range Room Honoree; Intermediate Honors; Pi Kappa Alpha Fraternity
Professional & Community Activities:
- American Bar Association
- Alabama State Bar Association
- Birmingham Music Guild, Board Member, 2005-present
- Birmingham Museum of Art, Collector’s Circle, 1999-present
- Firehouse Shelter for the Homeless, Volunteer, 1990-present
Rate : $$$