John Wertam has extensive counseling experience in all areas of environmental law. He practices primarily in the areas of hazardous waste management, wastewater discharge permitting, site assessment and risk evaluation, permitting, enforcement defense and lender liability. He also has broad experience negotiating environmental issues in business and real estate transactions.
John has lectured for over twenty-five years on environmental topics including the Connecticut Transfer Act, and is author of all five editions of the Connecticut Environmental Law Handbook. He brings a unique background and extensive experience to the practice of environmental law and the resolution of environmental issues.
His experience with the Connecticut Transfer Act and Connecticut Remediation Standard Regulations allows him to effectively counsel clients on the risks and liabilities associated with transferring property or business operations in Connecticut.
- Connecticut Bar Association: Environmental Law Section, Executive Committee
- Connecticut Business and Industry Association: Environmental Policies Council
- Connecticut Environmental Forum: Chair, Board of Directors
- University of Connecticut School of Law, 1986
- Vermont Law School, M.S.L., 1981, Masters in the Study of Environmental Law
- University of Maine, B.S., 1980, with high honors and high distinction
Rate : $$$