John R. Eldridge has 30 years of experience in environmental litigation, transactions and regulatory practice, with an emphasis on Superfund, property contamination issues and environmental indemnities. He has argued several CERCLA appeals before the Fifth Circuit and tried cases in various courts.
John frequently represents buyers and sellers of contaminated properties and assists clients in assessing and addressing environmental risks associated with various business transactions. Enforcement defense, environmental permitting and risk based “closure” certifications of contaminated real estate are also significant aspects of his practice.
He advises clients on the property and liability issues associated with oil and gas drilling. Many of John’s clients are in the energy sector and John previously worked as in house counsel for a major oil company.
- J.D., University of Texas at Austin School of Law, 1980, Senior Articles Editor, Texas International Law Journal
- B.A., Rice University, 1975
ADMISSIONS : District of Columbia, Texas
COURT ADMISSIONS :
- United States Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas
Rate : $$$