John N. Emmanuel practices insurance regulatory and general corporate law. He represents clients from all sectors of the financial services industry and has represented clients with respect to administrative matters before state insurance departments.
He advises property and casualty and life and health insurance companies with regard to regulatory and compliance matters, including formation, company licensing, holding company act requirements, affiliate transactions, restructurings, advertising, producer agreements and compensation and, rate and forms filings.
John represents insurance agents, brokers, surplus lines brokers, reinsurance intermediaries and third party administrators with respect to licensing and compliance issues. John represents insurers with respect to mergers and acquisitions. John also represents surplus lines insurers, captives and risk retention and risk purchasing groups on regulatory and compliance issues.
John also advises financial institutions with regard to the sale of insurance and annuity products. While in law school, John was an Editor of the Annual Review of Banking Law at Boston University.
Representative Experience :
- John has advised clients in connection with the merger and acquisition of insurance companies and insurance agencies.
- John has counseled insurance companies on holding company act compliance including affiliate transactions, annual registration filings and payment of dividends.
- Insurance companies have turned to John in connection with securing insurance licenses and license amendments in all U.S. jurisdictions.
- John actively represents clients before state insurance departments in connection with market conduct examination issues and investigations.
- John has counseled insurance company clients with respect to redomestication name changes, and acquisition notice requirements.
- He has worked closely with insurance companies in the development of Privacy and Anti-Money Laundering compliance programs.
- John secured the necessary insurance regulatory approvals necessary for the merger of two bank holding companies, which included the acquisition of two insurance companies and an insurance agency.
- He has advised insurance companies, insurance agencies and financial institutions in the development and implementation of bank insurance sales programs and regarding lender-placed insurance.
Professional Affiliations :
- Member, Connecticut Bar Association
- Member, New York State Bar Association
- J.D., Boston University School of Law, 1994
- B.S., magna cum laude, University of Connecticut, 1991
- Connecticut, 1994
- District of Columbia
- New York
Rate : $$$$