John Faber has developed an expansive finance and real estate practice. Through over 27 years of representing lenders and borrowers, owners and developers, landlords and tenants, and creditors and debtors, John has guided clients ranging from national banks to real estate developers to owner/operators to individual homeowners and real estate brokers through every phase in the life cycle of both financing and real estate transactions.
He regularly helps clients navigate the processes of land use approvals and permitting, due diligence investigations, property acquisition and sale, financing (whether secured by real estate or other assets), closing and distribution of funds, construction and leasing.
John also represents lenders and borrowers in workouts or restructurings of nonperforming loans, and acts as foreclosure trustee on commercial projects that cannot be restructured or worked out.
Attorneys outside of Virginia often seek John out as local counsel in their Virginia matters, and litigators who need expert testimony in their real estate or finance cases seek him out as well.
John rounds out his experience by acting as counsel to one of the largest associations of REALTORS in the state, giving him the ability to recognize and handle every facet of real estate and finance transactions.
- American Bar Association, Section of Real Property, Probate and Trust Law – Member
- Virginia State Bar, Real Property Section – Member
- Hampton Roads REALTORS Association – Affiliate Member
- Virginia Association of REALTORS Lawyers Roundtable – Member
- William & Mary Law School (J.D.), 1989
- William & Mary Law Review – Board of Editors
- University of Nevada – Reno (B.A.), 1986
Rate : $$$$