John Kosmidis is a partner in Baker McKenzie’s North America Compliance & Investigations Practice Group. Prior to joining the Firm, Mr. Kosmidis served as an intern at the Division of Enforcement of the New York Stock Exchange and as a research associate at Harvard Business School.
Mr. Kosmidis focuses his practice in the areas of international internal investigations, particularly anti-corruption and anti-fraud, and securities litigation. He advises clients on disclosures to the government, efficient e-Discovery, and multijurisdictional investigations.
- Georgetown University Law Center (J.D. Honors) (2006)
- Harvard College (B.A. Economics Honors) (2001)
- District of Columbia~United States (2013)
- New York~United States (2007)
Representative Legal Matters:
- Conducted an internal investigation for a US multinational construction company related to corruption allegations in its Middle East operations.
- Handled an internal investigation for a US multinational commodities company related to global corruption allegations.
- Assisted in an internal investigation for a Swiss bank in response to a US-Swizterland Program run by the US Department of Justice relating to resolving US criminal tax allegations.
- Assisted a Brazilian company in responding to US Department of Justice and Securities & Exchange Commission inquries into world-wide corruption allegations.
- Represented an individual in consolidated Delaware derivative litigation alleging breach of fiduciary duty.
- Assisted a major telecommunications company in federal securities class action litigation.
Rate : $$$$