John Gall is the immediate past global co-chair of Squire Patton Boggs’ Litigation Practice. He has an extensive trial and appellate practice involving commercial issues, including antitrust claims, business contract disputes, intellectual property rights, professional liability claims and corporate control contests, as well as toxic tort contamination issues.
John has taken more than 50 cases to verdict or judgment over the course of his career. John’s clients include large corporations, chemical companies, healthcare systems, financial institutions, accounting firms and a variety of governmental entities and officials.
He has been listed in The Best Lawyers in America since 1995, including recognition as the Columbus, Ohio 2012 Lawyer of the Year for Litigation – Intellectual Property and 2014 Lawyer of the Year for Litigation – Patent. He is also consistently recognized by Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business(litigation) and Ohio Super Lawyers.
John has been selected by Ohio Super Lawyers as one of the top trial lawyers in the Columbus area. John is listed in the 2017 edition of U.S. News & World Report’s annual list of The Best Lawyers in America® in Columbus for Bet-the-Company Litigation, Commercial Litigation, Litigation – Intellectual Property, Litigation – Patent, Litigation – Securities.
His recent experience includes litigation involving alleged anticompetitive conduct on the part of a large Ohio healthcare system; alleged chemical contamination over a large geographic area by an international chemical company; the protection of intellectual property rights including patent, trademark and trade secret information; accounting malpractice claims; negligence and fraud in connection with the purchase and sale of securities; enforcement and defense of substantial contract rights involving business acquisitions, asset sales and purchases; claims against directors and officers of public and private companies; and government projects subject to public bid.
John is a member of the Columbus, Ohio, Federal and Federal Circuit Bar Associations, as well as the International Association of Defense Counsel. He participates as a member of the United States Anti-Doping Agency Review Board, the International Tennis Foundation/Association of Tennis Professionals/Women’s Tennis Association Anti-Doping Review Board and the India Premier League Review Board.
- The Ohio State University, J.D., 1970
- Miami University, B.A., 1967
Admissions : Ohio, 1971
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1975
- U.S. Ct. of App., Third Circuit, 1987
- U.S. Ct. of App., Federal Circuit, 1990
- U.S. Dist. Ct., N. Dist. of California, 1995
- U.S. Dist. Ct., E. Dist. of Michigan, 1989
- Obtaining a defense verdict for a large healthcare system after a 10-week jury trial on state antitrust restraint of trade claims involving alleged treble damages of US$330 million.
- Selected by a US District Judge in 2017 as an arbitrator, and subsequently resolved through binding arbitration, a large consumer class action involving alleged violations of various financial disclosure statutes and RICO.
- Obtaining a jury verdict after a five-week trial for US$5,245,000 for breach of representations and warranties by the seller in a contract to sell a business.
- Obtaining an emergency injunction from the US Supreme Court allowing a noted US athlete to compete in the United States Olympic Trials.
- Obtaining an injunction upholding the constitutional validity of Ohio’s hostile takeover statutes.
- Obtaining a jury verdict for US$3.75 million, a permanent injunction and a substantial attorneys’ fees award for misappropriation of trade secrets.
Rate : $$$