Having served as a former Assistant Attorney General for the State of Illinois and Assistant Corporation Counsel for the City of Chicago, John J. (‘Jack’) George is a valued leader who possesses a deep knowledge of real estate law. Jack focuses his practice on real estate, land use, and zoning matters.
He is instrumental in shaping the Chicago skyline, and has worked on numerous notable development projects consisting of complex elements such as zoning map amendments, planned development applications, and condemnation matters.
Jack is adept at navigating city and state laws, and routinely litigates before state and federal courts, as well as in proceedings before administrative tribunals and arbitrations.
- J.D., DePaul University College of Law, Nu Beta Epsilon
- B.S., Xavier University
Bar Admissions : Illinois
Court Admissions :
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Illinois Supreme Court
- American Bar Association
- Chicago Bar Association
- Illinois State Bar Association
- St. Ignatius College Prep, Life Trustee
- Little City Foundation, Board Member and General Counsel
- Lambda Alpha International (honorary land economics society), Member
- Celtic Lawyers Association, Past President
- Xavier University, Advisory Board, Member
- Catholic Lawyers Guild, Member of the Board
- Old St. Patrick’s Church, Board of Regents, Member
- Hinsdale Hospital Civic Board, Former Member
- The Stenning Foundation, Trustee
Rate : $$$