Seasoned Pillsbury lawyer John M. Grenfell handles complex commercial litigation and appeals. He has significant experience in antitrust, business disputes, and constitutional law (especially as it relates to government regulation of business).
John also has extensive experience counseling lawyers on compliance with their ethical obligations and defending legal malpractice claims.
REPRESENTATIVE EXPERIENCE :
- Represented Sharp Corporation in the TFT-LCD (Flat Panel) Antitrust Litigation, which encompassed direct and indirect purchaser class actions, multiple parens patriae actions brought by state Attorneys General, and dozens of opt-out actions.
- Represented Dynegy Inc. in the Wholesale Electricity and Natural Gas Antitrust Cases, and in Voices of the Wetlands v. Water Resources Control Board, involving issues under the Clean Water Act and California environmental law.
- Represented indenture trustees in establishing their right to recover on more than $1.5 billion in claims in the California insolvency proceeding of Executive Life Insurance Co.
- J.D., Harvard Law School, 1979
- A.B., Stanford University, 1976
ADMISSIONS : California
Rate : $$$$