John L. Grossman is a member of the firm’s Real Estate Department and, as a seasoned trial attorney, also concentrates his practice on complex commercial litigation, with special emphasis on title insurance claims.
His extensive experience in both the transactional and litigation arenas positions John to offer his clients pragmatic, outcome-driven counsel in a wide variety of real estate, business and litigation matters.
John’s practice is especially strong in New Jersey, where he has concentrated for more than 35 years. He represents real estate investors, property owners, lenders and title insurance underwriters :
- In commercial litigation, with one reported decision imposing shareholder liability for post-incorporation debt.
- In transactional and related commercial matters including acquisitions, dispositions, development, financing and leasing.
- In administrative matters before agencies such as New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection and New Jersey Division of Alcoholic Beverage Control and on appeals to the New Jersey Office of Administrative Law.
John serves Fox Rothschild as a trustee of the firm’s 401(k) plan and has served as a member of the firm’s finance committee.
John serves as General Counsel to the Hellen L. Diller Vacation Home for Blind Children in Avalon, New Jersey, and has served as General Counsel to the Cape May County Chamber of Commerce.
He has served as National Coordinator of the Mentoring Program of the Tufts University Lawyers Association and on several fundraising committees for the Shore Medical Center Health Foundation in Somers Point, New Jersey.
He served as President of the board of directors of Greater Atlantic City Charities, Inc., which formerly operated the ShopRite LPGA Classic.
John is also a former member of the board of directors of Big Brothers Big Sisters of Atlantic & Cape May Counties, a former member of the advisory board of Boardwalk Bank (now OceanFirst Bank) and a former member of the Rotary Club of Somers Point, NJ. He also served as one of the initial two Bar Association liaisons to the court-administered Commercial Arbitration Program in both Atlantic and Cape May Counties.
- Villanova University School of Law (J.D., 1981)
- Tufts University (B.A., 1976)
- Atlantic County Bar Association
- Philadelphia Tufts Alliance
- Tufts University Lawyers Association
COURT ADMISSIONS :
- Pennsylvania Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
BAR ADMISSIONS : New Jersey, Pennsylvania.
Rate : $$$