John F. Hagan is a partner in the firm’s Chicago office, and a member of the Commercial Litigation & Disputes Group. He has extensive trial and litigation experience in state and federal courts throughout the country, as well as in arbitration proceedings.
John’s practice areas are wide-ranging and include general commercial litigation, class actions, bankruptcy litigation, products liability, toxic tort, antitrust, franchise and distribution, and intellectual property litigation.
- New York University School of Law, 1996, J.D.
- University of Chicago, 1993, B.A., Phi Beta Kappa; Student Marshall
Professional Admissions & Qualifications : Illinois
Court Admissions :
- U.S. District Court – Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court – District of Colorado
- U.S. District Court – District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court – Northern District of New York
- U.S. District Court – Southern District of New York
- Lead trial counsel for GE Transportation in $75+ million contract dispute related to new EPA emissions regulations.
- Lead trial counsel for Tower Automotive, a leading Michigan automotive supply company, in a week-long bench trial seeking $200 million in wage and benefit concessions from employees and retirees represented by the United Auto Workers and United Steel Workers. Following trial and just prior to the court issuing its ruling, Tower consensually obtained all of the labor cost reductions it sought at trial.
- Trial counsel for BMW of North America in a five-week trial successfully defending the company’s national vehicle allocation system for BMW vehicles.
- Trial counsel for BMW of North America successfully defeating preliminary injunction request to halt the company’s plans to reintroduce the MINI Cooper in the United States.
Rate : $$$