John S. Hahn’s practice encompasses a variety of high-stakes environmental counseling and litigation matters. These have involved defense against federal and state enforcement actions and challenges to rulemaking authority, as well as private-sector disputes over contaminated sites and issues of successor liability.
He has extensive experience with environmental challenges to real estate development and the allocation of environmental liabilities in corporate and real estate transactions. John is recognized by Chambers USA for Environmental Law.
John received the Oak Leaf Award from The Nature Conservancy in 1991 for his pro bono work in support of TNC’s conservation projects.
John has been appointed Special Master for In Re: Dicamba Herbicides Litigation, US District Court, EDMO, consolidated multi-district litigation involving claims arising out of the application of dicamba and the sale of dicamba-resistant seed (appointed June 2018).
- Yale Law School, JD
- Duke University, AB, magna cum laude
- District of Columbia
- North Carolina
- US Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit
- US District Court for the District of Columbia
- US District Court for the Middle District of North Carolina
- US Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- US Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- Federalist Society for Law and Public Policy Studies
- Board of Visitors (Emeritus), Nicholas School of the Environment, Duke University
- NC Bar Association, Environment, Energy & Natural Resources Law Section, Co-Chair Agriculture Law Committee; Judicial Independence Committee
- American Agricultural Law Association
Rate : $$$$