John R. Holzgraefe’s practice focuses on representation of privately-held companies. John’s practice focuses on representation of privately-held companies, including private equity financings, mergers and acquisitions, and other business transactions and contracts.
John brings a practical approach in helping to find business solutions to address legal issues. His industry experience includes advertising, software, technology, manufacturing, and automobile dealerships.
- Represented companies as outside general counsel.
- Represented various companies and investors in transactions involving senior secured debt financing, subordinate debt financing, preferred stock, common stock, warrants, and various combinations of these securities.
- Represented purchasers in their purchase of advertising, technology and manufacturing businesses and automobile dealerships.
- Represented sellers in the sale of closely-held businesses.
- Represented high-growth businesses on intellectual property protection strategies, and transactions involving the acquisition or licensing of intellectual property rights.
- Represented advertising agencies in their negotiation of advertising and marketing services agreements, including Internet and e-commerce applications.
- JD, Duke University School of Law, with distinction, Order of the Coif, 1979
- MBA, Drake University, 1976
- BA, Drake University, summa cum laude, 1976
- Member, American Bar Association, 1980 – present
- Member, Dallas Bar Association, 1980 – present
- Member, Southwest Venture Forum, 1987 – Current; Southwest Venture Forum Program Committee, 1995 – Current
Rate : $$$$