John Husband develops labor and employment solutions to help companies maintain compliance with federal and state laws regulating the employment relationship. He counsels Fortune 500 companies and small businesses alike on matters including wrongful discharge, equal opportunity, trade secrets and covenants not to compete, wage and hour, privacy, disability, occupational safety, affirmative action and collective action, strikes, unions, and collective bargaining.
John has tried cases in 20 states and been lead counsel in over 300 adversarial proceedings, trials, major arbitrations, or administrative actions that have been tried to conclusion. Many of these cases have set precedent under Colorado and federal law. He has extensive class and collective action experience and has successfully defended nationwide claims for highly recognizable companies.
John speaks frequently at seminars on fair employment and labor relations, and has provided training to over 30,000 professionals on a wide range of labor and employment-related topics. He is a frequent presenter at meetings of the American Bar Association, Colorado Bar Association and on programs for Council on Education in Management, Continuing Legal Education of Colorado, Inc. and M. Lee Smith Publishers.
John graduated first in his law school class, and before joining Holland & Hart, completed a clerkship with the Honorable Robert H. McWilliams, U.S. Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals.
- The Ohio State University, B.S., 1974
- University of Toledo, J.D., 1977
Professional and Civic Affiliations:
- American Bar Association, Member
- Class Action/Complex Litigation Sub-Committee, Co-Chair; Developing Issues Sub-Committee, Co-Chair
- The Colorado Lawyer, Editor of bimonthly Labor & Employment column
- National Labor Relations Board, Management Chair of the Practices and Procedures Committee for Region 27
- The Colorado Safety Association, Director and Officer
- Leadership Denver Association, Leadership Denver Alumni Association, Participant
Rate : $$$$