John Spangler III is a former co-leader of Alston & Bird’s Construction & Government Contracts Group and has more than 25 years of experience handling construction disputes and negotiating and drafting design and construction contracts.
John focuses his practice on representing owners, contractors and design professionals in construction disputes, including jury trials, arbitrations and mediations. John has defended and prosecuted all types of construction-related claims, including delay, interference and acceleration claims, extended overhead claims, and claims of defective construction and defective design.
On the transactional side, John has extensive experience with teaming agreements, joint venture agreements, design-build, general contractor and construction management contracts, architectural and engineering agreements, program managements and project management agreements.
John received his J.D. in 1980 from Washington University in St. Louis and received his A.B. in economics in 1977 from the University of Illinois. He received an Amicus Curiae Award from the Georgia Supreme Court in 1986.
- Washington University in St. Louis (J.D., 1980)
- University of Illinois (A.B., 1977)
Bar Admissions : Georgia
- Atlanta Bar Association, Construction Law Section, past chair (1994–95) and founding member
- American Bar Association Forum on the Construction Industry, Governing Committee (2004–2008) and Division Two Steering Committee (Contract Documents), former chair
- State Bar of Georgia, Litigation Section
Rate : $$$