John F. Jonas represents clients in a wide variety of health care interests before the U.S. Congress, with a particular emphasis on the House Ways and Means Committee and the Senate Finance Committee. He represents clients before a range of executive branch agencies, including the Department of Health and Human Services.
John has worked extensively on health care delivery issues and Medicare reform. He has strong policy experience representing numerous areas of the health care sector, including hospitals, emergency medical services (EMS), physicians groups and pharmaceuticals. He has been actively involved in Medicare restructuring, Medicaid expansion, new drug and device development, reimbursement issues and health care tax-related issues.
During his 10 years of public service, John served in a variety of roles, including on the staff of the House Ways and Means Committee and as counsel to the Subcommittee on Select Revenue Measures. In that capacity, he was responsible for issues related to insurance, employee benefits, pensions and health care. He has been active in numerous Democratic congressional and presidential campaigns.
- Deep experience in health care tax policy issues.
- Has worked extensively on public policy in the health care sector.
- Holds particular experience in Medicare reform.
- Annual funding for Gabriella Miller Kids First Research Art.
- Obtained funding for research into medical misdiagnosis.
- Five-year extension of ambulance add-on payments.
- Member, board of directors, The Lab School of Washington.
- Member, board of directors, Center for Interreligious Understanding.
- J.D., Cornell Law School, 1976
- District of Columbia
Rate : $$$