John Michael Kearns is a counsel in the Atlanta office of Locke Lord LLP where he practices in business litigation and consumer finance law. He has extensive experience representing financial institutions in real estate litigation, consumer finance litigation and foreclosure litigation.
He routinely represents financial institutions and other businesses in dozens of venues across the State of Georgia in both state and federal courts. John Michael has practical experience in all aspects of litigation, including case pleading, motions practice, discovery, settlement negotiation, trial and appeal.
He also has appellate experience representing financial institutions and other businesses in the Georgia Court of Appeals, Georgia Supreme Court and the Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals.
Professional History :
- Counsel, Locke Lord LLP (2019-Present)
- Staff Counsel, Locke Lord LLP (2015-2019)
- Associate, Burr & Forman LLP (2005-2015)
- J.D., with honors, University of Georgia School of Law, 2005
- Georgia Law Review, Notes Editor (2004-2005), Executive Board (2003-2004)
- B.A., Political Science, Emory University, 2002
Admissions : Georgia; North Carolina
Admitted To Practice :
- Supreme Court of Georgia
- Georgia Court of Appeals
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of North Carolina
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of North Carolina
Rate : $$$