Mr. John Krieger is a member in the firm’s Intellectual Property and Entertainment & Sports Departments. He concentrates his practice on intellectual property litigation in both state and federal court; prosecuting and defending clients for claims including trademark infringement, copyright infringement, patent infringement, domain name, and anti-counterfeiting litigation; as well as trade secret misappropriation and unfair competition.
Mr. Krieger has extensive experience litigating cases involving the infringement of intellectual property rights over the Internet, and has successfully shut down websites containing infringing material, secured the transfer of infringing domain names for his clients, and counseled clients in defensive domain name registration strategies to protect their intellectual property in the U.S. and around the world. He has summarily defeated challenges to jurisdiction and obtained numerous preliminary and permanent injunctions against third party infringers.
Mr. Krieger has also litigated matters involving the infringement of trademarks, trade dress and copyrights, as well as counterfeit goods, at international Las Vegas trade shows, including obtaining emergency seizure orders and permanent injunctive relief. He has filed numerous opposition and cancellation proceedings on behalf of clients before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board of the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office. Mr. Krieger has sought or defended the full spectrum of remedies including actual, statutory, and punitive damages; temporary restraining order; preliminary injunctions; permanent injunctions; and contempt hearings.
- Washington University School of Law, J.D., 1996
- Brigham Young University, B.A., 1993
- Intellectual Property Section of the Nevada State Bar, Member and Former Chair
- Clark County Bar Association, Member
- California State Bar Intellectual Property Section, Member
- Ninth Circuit Judicial Conference for the District of Nevada, Former Lawyer Representative
- University of Nevada, Las Vegas, Former Adjunct Professor teaching “The Law of the Internet”
Rate : $$$