John J. Leonti helps clients structure, negotiate, document and execute complex financial transactions in the energy sector, including tax equity transactions utilizing partnership and lease structures, debt transactions and hedge transactions using over-the-counter derivatives.
He has acted as counsel to major utilities and their competitive subsidiaries, tax equity investors, independent power producers, renewable energy developers, lenders, investment banks, private investment funds and power marketers.
Representative Matters :
- Represented buyer in connection with a Proxy Revenue Swap for a wind facility located in the Southwest Power Pool.
- Represented the investor in connection with its tax equity investment in a 200MW solar facility located in California with a short-term hedging arrangement (“merchant nose hedge”) followed by a long-term PPA.
- Represented the investor in connection with its tax equity investment in a 150MW solar facility located in Texas.
- Represented the investor in connection with its tax equity investment in a 200MW portfolio of utility-scale solar projects located in California.
- Represented an independent power producer in connection with the forward sales of ancillary services and hedges relating to a battery storage facility.
- Represented an investor with respect to its tax equity investment in a 38 MW portfolio of utility-scale solar projects.
- Represented several investors in connection with solar funding programs providing tax equity financing for rooftop and ground-mounted distributed generation systems.
- Represented a lender in connection with providing debt financing for rooftop and ground-mounted distributed generation systems.
Professional and Community Involvement :
- International Swaps and Derivatives Association—Member of the Equity Derivatives and Global Energy, Commodities & Developing Products Committees
- New York State Bar Association—Member of the Derivatives and Structured Products Committee
- Villanova University School of Law, J.D., 2001
- Villanova University, B.S., 1998, Business Administration
BAR ADMISSIONS : New York, California
Rate : $$$