John Lubitz is a partner in the Denver and Colorado Springs offices of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the Corporate, Real Estate, Land Use & Environment, and Banking & Finance Practices. Mr. Lubitz is licensed to practice in Colorado and Minnesota.
Mr. Lubitz earned his law degree in 1983, and concentrates his practice in the areas of corporate law (including corporations, limited liability companies, partnerships, associations, etc.), general business planning and transactions, real estate, banking, oil and gas – mineral law, water law, and commercial transactions.
Through his 33 plus years of diverse legal experience Mr. Lubitz has obtained a practical entrepreneurial business philosophy which allows him to provide a full range of business and transactional services to established and emerging growth companies.
It is this experience which Mr. Lubitz brings to his business clients through handling all their legal and business related matters – often acting effectively as their outside general counsel.
Mr. Lubitz regularly counsels clients regarding business organizational, governance and operational issues, general commercial transactions, and employment matters, including the following types of matters :
- Choice of Entity and Formation: S-corps, C-corps, LLCs, Joint Ventures, and Independent Contractor Agreements.
- Business Transactions and Contracts.
- Business Mergers, Acquisitions and Sales; Asset Purchases and Sales.
- Corporate Governance, and “Good Standing” Compliance.
- Government Contracting.
- Healthcare Providers and Facilities.
Mr. Lubitz also regularly counsels clients regarding sophisticated real estate, development and financing transactions, including the following types of matters :
- Financing, including Loan Documentation, Due Diligence, and Tax Increment Financing/Bond Transactions.
- Land Use/Zoning, Development, Permitting and Easements/Rights of Way.
- Construction Matters and Contracting.
- Environmental, Natural Resources, Oil & Gas, and Water Rights.
- Gonzaga University School of Law
- Minnesota State University (Mankato)
- State Bar Admissions, Colorado
- United States Courts of Appeals & Supreme Court, United States Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
- United States District Courts, United States District Court for the District of Colorado
Community Activities :
- Member of the Board of Director’s of the Colorado Springs Public Market
- Member of the Board of Director’s of the Homes of Living Hope
- Small Business Administration Small Business Development Center Counselor
Rate : $$$$