John Martin has litigated high-profile cases under all of the major environmental statutes for clients in the mining, oil & gas, manufacturing, and chemical industries. John represents clients in environmental and natural resource issues. He has served as lead counsel in the defense of many cases brought by advocacy organizations and government agencies under environmental statutes.
As a trial lawyer at the Department of Justice and in the Department of the Interior’s Solicitor’s Office, John represented federal agencies in environmental litigation. More recently, he has represented state agencies concerning natural resources and environmental matters.
- Georgetown University Law Center , J.D., 1979
- University of Wyoming , B.S., 1975
- District of Columbia
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court for the District of Wyoming
Professional and Civic Affiliations:
- Bar Association of the District of Columbia
- American Bar Association, Natural Resources Law Section
- Wyoming Bar Association
Rate : $$$$