For more than 40 years, John F. McCarthy has exclusively represented employers in virtually every aspect of the employee-employer relationship, appearing on behalf of management before state and federal courts in more than 100 bench and jury trials, the National Labor Relations Board, the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the Occupational Safety and Health Administration, and the Department of Labor Wage and Hour Division.
Board certified in labor and employment law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization, he regularly represents clients in all areas of traditional labor law, from helping companies to maintain a union-free environment to handling union organizing campaigns, collective bargaining, unfair labor practice charges, and arbitrations.
He also has been involved in numerous mediations, both private and court-ordered, involving age, race, disability, sexual harassment and sexual discrimination claims. John frequently speaks on numerous labor and employment-related topics, such as age discrimination, disability discrimination, drug testing, sexual harassment and individual employee rights.
- J.D., University of Texas School of Law, 1971
- B.B.A., Southern Methodist University, 1969
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Texas
Professional & Community Affiliations :
- Member, Labor and Litigation sections, American Bar Association
- Member, Labor Law Subcommittee, Texas Association of Business
- Member, Labor and Employment Counsel, Texas Printing Institute
- Pro Bono Volunteer, Habitat for Humanity Project, Dallas Bar Association
- Former Member, Board of Directors, Senior Citizens of Greater Dallas
Rate : $$$