John A. McCauley is an experienced product liability and mass-tort litigator who focuses on matters involving science and technology. He represents clients in pharmaceutical, manufacturing, and other industries in litigation involving the design, manufacture, and marketing of prescription drugs and medical devices.
He also handles litigation matters involving consumer products and services. He has litigated product liability claims, consumer protection class actions, and business disputes in courts throughout the United States.
In addition to pharmaceutical and medical device companies, John has also represented a U.S. automobile manufacturer; a company devoted to network security software, firmware, and hardware; and a designer/builder of roller coasters and other large-scale amusement attractions.
He has litigated cases to judgment – via trial or dispositive motion – in 11 states and Washington, DC. He has briefed and argued cases in appellate courts in six states, and is admitted to practice in numerous federal district and appellate courts.
- Coordinated a publicly traded hospital products company’s nationwide defense in two mass-tort litigation matters involving prescription drugs
- Served with a team of lawyers defending a medical device company in mass-tort litigation concerning an orthopedic prosthesis
- Won a $1.1 million jury verdict, including punitive damages, in a case involving breach of restrictive covenants and defended the verdict on appeal
- Served as lead attorney in defeating a Fortune 500 company’s multi-million-dollar fraud, trade secrets, and unfair competition claims against a network security company
- J.D.summa cum laudeUniversity of Maine School of Law1987
- B.A.HistoryHaverford College1980
Bar Admissions : Maryland, District of Columbia
Court Admissions :
- U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland
- U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado
- U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit
Clerk Experience : Honorable Herbert F. Murray U.S. District Court of the District of Maryland 1987 1988.
Professional Memberships : Member, Wranglers Law Club, Baltimore, MD
Rate : $$$