John C. McGowan is a partner in the Corporate Practice Group of Haynes and Boone with more than 10 years of experience in acquisitions, divestitures, securities transactions and other complex corporate matters.
Prior to law school, John was a consultant with Arthur Andersen and an analyst with Goldman Sachs’ wholly-owned real estate subsidiary. During law school, John was an assistant vice president at Texas Capital Bank, where he originated and underwrote corporate and real estate loans.
John has experience in various corporate transactions, including:
- Negotiating mergers and acquisitions of both assets and stock of publicly and privately held companies, including portfolio companies of private equity funds.
- Assisting clients in buy-outs and recapitalizations.
- Representing issuers in offerings of equity, debt and convertible securities.
- Structuring and forming business entities, including corporations, partnerships and limited liability companies.
- Representing clients in private placements of securities and venture capital financings.
- Assisting clients in general corporate matters.
Professional and Community Activities:
- State Bar of Texas
- J.D., Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law, 2003, cum laude; Staff Editor, SMU International Law Review Association; Phi Delta Phi
- M.P.A., University of Texas at Austin, 1995
- B.B.A., University of Texas at Austin, 1995
ADMISSIONS : Texas, 2003
Rate : $$$