John McJunkin routinely represents creditor clients faced with insolvency/troubled loan issues in and around Washington, D.C., Maryland and Virginia. In addition, Mr. McJunkin has a national practice representing and protecting creditors’ rights in loan workouts, business bankruptcies, foreclosures and commercial litigation.
He offers clients a broad range of services that include negotiating and documenting workout arrangements of complex lending relationships, and helping commercial borrowers in workout negotiations and bankruptcy planning.
Mr. McJunkin’s 27-plus years of commercial litigation experience includes prosecuting and defending lawsuits and arbitrations arising out of lending relationships, as well as contractual matters, real estate disputes, franchise issues, title insurance matters and business torts.
He also has considerable experience litigating technology licensing issues, preferences and fraudulent conveyances, and sales of assets and cash collateral matters in the context of Chapter 11 and Chapter 7 bankruptcies.
- University of Cincinnati, J.D., 1987
- Hampden – Sydney College, B.A., 1984, summa cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa
- District of Columbia, 1989
- Maryland, 1993
- Virginia, 1990
- Lead counsel for lenders in contested foreclosure litigation at large high rise apartment complexes subject to HUD rules and regulations.
- Lead counsel for secured lenders successfully challenging cramdown plans of reorganization in Chapter 11 commercial real estate cases.
- Lead counsel for senior secured lenders in Chapter 11 and converted Chapter 7 cases involving first priority secured loans and mezzanine financing.
- Lead U.S. counsel in the loan workout/restructuring of a multinational corporation with substantial assets in Argentina and Brazil.
- Lead bankruptcy and litigation counsel on behalf of a securitized loan servicer on $300+ million in loans secured by commercial real estate in multiple states.
- Multiple cases representing lenders in the hospitality industry faced with non-performing hotel loans that resulted in receivership litigation, contested foreclosures and litigation of “bad boy” guaranty obligations.
Professional Honors & Activities:
- Listed in Chambers USA as a leading Bankruptcy Litigation lawyer since 2010
- Master, Walter Chandler American Inn of Court
Rate : $$$