John McKay leads the firm’s government investigations and crisis management group. He represents clients in complex civil, criminal, and government investigative matters. A highly accomplished trial lawyer and dedicated public servant, John was the U.S. Attorney for the Western District of Washington for six years, representing the government in all criminal and civil matters.
Most recently, he has worked as a professor of law at Seattle University School of Law, and directed a U.S. State Department rule of law project in Palestine. With over three decades of service in the public and private legal sectors, John brings a wealth of consulting and leadership experience to the firm.
- Professor from Practice, 2016-present; Professor, 2007-2016 – Seattle University School of Law, Seattle
- United States Attorney, Western District of Washington, Seattle, 2001-2007
- Partner, Cairncross & Hempelmann, Seattle, 1992-1997
- President, Legal Services Corporation, Washington, D.C., 1997-2001
- Partner, 1990-1992; Associate, 1982-1989 – Lane Powell, Seattle
- Legislative Assistant, Congressman Joel Pritchard (R-WA), Washington, D.C., 1978-1979
Professional & Community Activities:
- Chairman, Equal Justice Coalition of Washington State, 1995-1996
- Standing Committee on the Federal Judiciary, American Bar Association, 1996-1997
- American Bar Association House of Delegates, 1991-1996
- American Bar Association Board of Governors, 1991-1994
- J.D., Creighton University School of Law, 1982
- B.A., University of Washington, 1978
Rate : $$$