Mr. John Morin has practiced law for more than 40 years, all but one year practicing with New York City law firms. In addition to his admission to several state and federal courts, Mr. Morin has served as a mediator in the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York.
He has conducted trials and argued appeals in State and Federal courts, and he has conducted arbitrations before panels of the International Chamber of Commerce, the American Arbitration Association, and the National Association of Securities Dealers.
Mr. Morin has also served as an adjunct professor of law and has been a volunteer attorney at the Community Law Office in New York City.
During the course of his career, Mr. Morin has represented both plaintiffs and defendants, and the clients he has represented range from individuals and families to Federal and State agencies and to a number of the largest industrial corporations in the world.
He has also represented individuals, corporations, and banks as well as community-based organizations, faith-based organizations and charities headquartered or resident in the United States and many foreign countries, including Argentina, Austria, The Bahamas, Canada, Colombia, Ecuador, England, Finland, Germany, Hong Kong, India, Ireland, Italy, Monaco, The Netherlands, Nigeria, South Africa, and Sweden.
As a trial lawyer, Mr. Morin has represented hundreds of clients residing or headquartered throughout the world, including the United States and eighteen foreign countries. In this representation he has conducted or defended well over 1,500 days of depositions at law offices and other venues located in twenty-two states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, and eight foreign countries.
Mr. Morin has extensive experience in a broad range of litigated and arbitrated matters; and he has served as a principal or lead counsel on hundreds of matters during the course of his career, including the following:
- Swedish and Finnish industrial corporations in licensing and contract litigation
- A German engineering firm in, among other matters, a construction and process engineering arbitration against the largest gold mining company in the United States
- One of the world’s largest pharmaceutical companies in products liability and contract litigation
- A Hong Kong-based company in a litigation involving the fashion and sports headwear industry
In addition, he has been involved in insurance litigation, contested probate matters, RICO, accounting and legal malpractice, banking, real estate, alcohol beverage law, securities law and trade regulation.
- J.D. University of Virginia Law School, 1970
- A.B. (History) Princeton University, cum laude, 1967
- New York State
- United States Court of Appeals, Third Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit
- United States District Court, Southern District of New York
- United States District Court, Northern District of California
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania
Rate : $$$