In March 2009, John P. Moses joined the firm’s Wilkes-Barre office as of counsel in the Chairman’s Group. He works with Cozen O’Connor Public Strategies, advocating for clients with decision-makers in all branches of local, state, and federal government.
This team includes former elected and appointed public officials at all levels, and professionals who have the knowledge and experience to create winning strategies for protecting clients’ interests, presenting their positions, and ensuring that their voices are heard.
In a career of public service, John has served as solicitor for the Luzerne County Clerk of Courts; special counsel to the Luzerne County Commissioners; solicitor for the Pennsylvania State Police, F.O.P. Lodge No. 43; counsel for the F.M. Kirby Center for the Performing Arts; counsel for the Northeastern Pennsylvania Hospital and Education Authority; solicitor for the Luzerne County Convention Center Authority; counsel for the Northeast Pennsylvania Professional News Media Association; and counsel for the Children’s Rights to Protection Fund.
In addition to belonging to several civic and fraternal organizations, John serves as chair of BlueCross of Northeastern Pennsylvania, First Priority Health, AllOne Health and the Blue Ribbon Foundation and is a director of First National Community Bank.
He also serves on the boards of Villanova University School of Law, Wilkes Law School Initiative and The Commonwealth Medical College. During his career, he served as chair of the Northeast Pennsylvania Heart Association, the Wyoming Valley Catholic Youth Center’s Board of Directors, and the American Lebanese Syrian Associated Charities, and as chair and president of the Board of Governors of St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.
He has also served on the boards of the F.M. Kirby Center for the Performing Arts, the Renee Moawad Foundation, First National Community Bancorp. Inc., and the Greater Wilkes Barre YMCA.
John earned his undergraduate degree from King’s College and his law degree from Villanova University School of Law, where he received the Theodore L. Reimer Moot Court Competition Award. In June 2007, he was awarded an Honorary Doctorate Degree of Humane Letters from Christian Brothers University located in Memphis, Tenn.
- Served as Chief Counsel for impeachment of Justice Rolf Larson, Chair City of Wilkes Barre Reapportionment Committee and Chair Judicial Task Force for the Pennsylvania Prothonotaries and Clerk of Courts Association.
- Served as a member of the Pennsylvania Sentencing Commission and Pennsylvania Supreme Court Criminal Procedural Rules Committee.
- Represented Delphi Midstream Partners, LLC in its $200 million acquisition of the rights to construct and operate a 31-mile natural gas pipeline in the Marcellus Shale region in New York and Pennsylvania.
- Villanova University School of Law, J.D., 1971
- King’s College, B.A., 1968
BAR ADMISSIONS : Pennsylvania
COURT ADMISSIONS :
- U.S. Supreme Court
Rate : $$$