John Cullen Murphy’s practice focuses primarily on litigation. Mr. Murphy has experience in a variety of areas, including securities and commercial litigation and corporate internal investigations.Prior to joining Akin Gump in the fall of 2011, Mr. Murphy served as a law clerk to the Honorable William H. Pauley III of the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York.
Mr. Murphy received his J.D. with high honors from the George Washington University Law School in 2010, where he was an editor of the George Washington Law Review. He graduated cum laudefrom Harvard University in 2004 with an A.B. in environmental science and public policy.
- Mr. Murphy’s recent representations include:
- conducting an internal investigation of a credit ratings agency relating to its ratings of mortgage-backed securities.
- defending a private equity firm in a securities class action arising out of their investment in a Chinese company
- defending a hedge fund client against allegations of aiding and abetting fraud
- J.D., The George Washington University Law School, with high honors, 2010
- B.A., Harvard University, 2004
- U.S.D.C., Southern District of New York
- New York
Rate : $$$