John H. Northey III’s wide-ranging knowledge and experience have involved the application of administrative, antitrust, aviation, bankruptcy and creditors’ rights, banking and finance, construction, corporate, employment, entertainment, environmental, franchising, healthcare, intellectual property, insurance, partnership, real estate, securities, sports, tax and zoning and land use law.
John’s clients historically have included aircraft operators, architects and engineers, agribusiness companies, automobile dealers, commercial banks, investment bankers, mortgage bankers and other financial institutions, construction companies, hotels and restaurants, insurance brokers and carriers, physicians and other healthcare providers, professional sports teams and entertainment promoters, real estate investors and developers, technology companies, telecommunications companies, textile companies and trucking companies.
John brings to his counseling of business clients the value-added perspective of a trial lawyer who has had substantial litigation experience in cases involving antitrust, aviation, condemnation, contract, construction, employment, employment discrimination, insurance, land use, motor vehicle manufacturer/dealer, professional liability, real estate, securities, workers’ compensation, and zoning disputes.
- J.D., magna cum laude, Cornell Law School, Board of Editors, Cornell Law Review, 1975
- B.A., with highest honors, Economics, University of North Carolina, Phi Beta Kappa, 1971
Professional and Community Affiliations:
- Mecklenburg County Bar Association: Board of Directors; Finance & Operations Committee; Audit Committee, Chair; Business Law Section, Co-Chair; Law Day, Co-Chair
- North Carolina Bar Association: Business Law, HealthCare and Real Estate Sections
- American Bar Association: Business Law, HealthCare Law, Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Sections
Rate : $$$$