John Gaset focuses his practice on commercial, consumer finance, class action, and complex civil litigation and appellate matters in state and federal court. He has significant experience defending claims under the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, the Florida Consumer Collection Practices Act, the Florida Deceptive and Unfair Trade Practices Act, and the Telephone Consumer Protection Act. Mr. Gaset also routinely handles arbitration matters.
He also provides counsel to his clients regarding planning, compliance, and risk mitigation issues. This includes developing and drafting internal policies and procedures, negotiating and drafting favorable contractual terms, and reviewing advertising to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
His clients include auto dealers, finance companies, healthcare providers, debt collectors, health studios, homeowner associations, shopping malls, and various other businesses needing an experienced litigator or counsel for navigating complex legal issues.
- Florida State University College of Law, JD, magna cum laude (2012)
- University of Central Florida, BS, Business Management (2008)
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- Member, The Florida Bar
- Member, Florida Creditor’s Bar Association
- Member, The Georgia Bar
Rate : $$$