John LeCrone served as vice chair of the firm’s Employment Services Group and Executive Committee. John represents employers and management in wrongful discharge, harassment, and discrimination litigation; in matters including wage and hour class actions, trade secrets/unfair competition and ERISA; and in proceedings before federal and state administrative agencies.
He regularly tries cases for his clients before juries, judges, and arbitrators, and trains supervisors and employees in best practices for dealing with workplace harassment and discrimination. He also provides advice on a wide range of personnel issues, including privacy matters, employment agreements, wage and hour, and workplace technology.
John works closely with clients in investigations of employment-related complaints, corporate malfeasance, and due diligence matters related to mergers and acquisitions.
John’s clients include entertainment and media companies, health care organizations and hospitals, national hospitality and retail chains, aerospace companies, manufacturers, and mining operations, among others.
- Lead defense counsel in numerous wage and hour class actions in state and federal court.
- Trial and arbitration counsel in numerous single-plaintiff lawsuits alleging employment discrimination, harassment, retaliation, and failure to accommodate.
- Lead trial counsel (both plaintiff and defense) in cases alleging theft of trade secrets, unlawful solicitation, employee raiding, and unfair competition.
- Lead defense counsel in cases brought under ERISA alleging discrimination, denial of benefits, and COBRA violations.
- Counsel to employers and executives in negotiating employment-related agreements, including change-in-control agreements, severance agreements and separation agreements.
Professional & Community Activities:
- Fellow, College of Labor & Employment Lawyers, 2015-present
- Advisory Board Member, USC Institute for Corporate Counsel, 2014-present
- Los Angeles County Bar Association, Labor & Employment Section
- Editorial Board, Los Angeles Lawyer Magazine, 2002-2014
- Labor and Employment Section, State Bar of California
- J.D., Southwestern University School of Law, 1984
- Member, Moot Court Honors Program
- Writer/Oralist, National Moot Court Competition
- B.S., Business Administration, Finance, University of Southern California, 1980
- Undergraduate Studies, German Language and European History, International Finance, Institute of European Studies at University of Vienna, Austria, 1978
Rate : $$$