John P. Shea has over 20 years of experience providing counsel to public sector employers on all aspects of employee relations and employment law, including personnel policies and practices, equal employment opportunity, constitutional concerns, collective bargaining and related matters.
He routinely represents government entities and agencies in labor matters such as negotiations, prohibited practice charges, grievance administration and arbitrations, employee investigations and discipline.
Attorney Shea also routinely represents employers, officers and managers in employment litigation before state and federal courts and commissions, including the defense of: discrimination and retaliation claims under Title VII, CFEPA, 42 U.S.C. § 1981, the ADA, and the ADEA; whistleblower and wrongful termination claims; wage and hour claims, constitutional claims brought pursuant to 42 U.S.C. § 1983 and a variety of employment-related common law tort and contract claims.
His trial experience includes matters submitted to arbitration, numerous courtside trials to judgment and jury trials to verdict in both state and federal courts.
- Connecticut Bar Association – Labor and Employment and Litigation Sections
- Connecticut Association of Municipal Attorneys
- Connecticut Conference of Municipalities
- National School Boards Association Council of School Attorneys
- Avon Chamber of Commerce – immediate past president
- Rotary Club of Avon-Canton – member
Rate : $$$$