John-Paul Motley is Managing Partner of O’Melveny’s Los Angeles office, serves on the Firm’s Policy Committee, and is Chair of the Firm’s Capital Markets Practice. John-Paul has experience in securities law matters, mergers and acquisitions, and other general corporate law matters. He represents issuers and underwriters in equity offerings, such as initial public offerings, private placements, and secondary offerings, as well as debt offerings, from high-yield offerings to investment grade issuances.
In addition, John-Paul advises public companies with securities law compliance, disclosure issues, and corporate governance matters. John-Paul’s issuer clients include Air Lease Corporation, American Honda Finance Corporation, Care Trust REIT, Inc., Edwards Lifesciences Corporation, Malibu Boats, Inc., Ocwen Financial Corp., Semtech Corporation, Sportsman’s Warehouse, Inc., Verso Corporation, and Willdan Group, Inc. John-Paul also serves as designated underwriters’ counsel for Toyota Motor Credit Corp.
John-Paul is recognized as a leading lawyer by Chambers USA: Capital Markets (2015-2017) and has been named a Southern California “Rising Star” in a survey conducted by Law & Politics Media Inc. and published in Los Angeles magazine and the Southern California edition of Super Lawyers for the past eight years. Legal 500 and the International Financial Law Review have also recognized John-Paul as a leading lawyer.
- Representing issuers in a number of public equity and debt offerings, including offerings in the airline, semiconductor, cruise ship, entertainment, biotechnology, real estate development, apparel, and software development industries.
- Representing underwriters in a number of equity offerings, including offerings in the entertainment, internet, engineering, and office products industries.
- Representing issuers and underwriters in high yield offerings, including offerings in the broadcasting, airline, mortgage, semiconductor and electronic infrastructure services industries.
- Representing companies in venture capital and other private placements, including offerings for a technical professional services company, an electronic gaming company and other Internet and technology companies.
- Vanderbilt University, J.D., 1999: Order of the Coif; Special Projects Editor, Vanderbilt Law Review
- Vanderbilt University, M.B.A., 1999: Beta Gamma Sigma
- University of Memphis, B.B.A., 1995: summa cum laude
Rate : $$$$