John B. Pellegrini’s practice is concentrated on the regulatory and commercial aspects of international trade. He represents clients with respect to government regulation of the import-export trade, duty planning, admissibility requirements, litigation in the U.S. Court of International Trade, representation before the various federal agencies that regulate trade in the United States, and the commercial aspects of international trade.
His clients include multinationals, general merchandise retailers, importers, exporters, domestic and foreign manufacturers, commission agents, trade associations (United States Fashion Industries and Footwear Distributors and Retailers of America), and international marketing companies.
- Representation of a multinational apparel and footwear brand in a million-dollar customs penalty case. The penalty was cancelled.
- Counsel to a home goods importer in a combined criminal and civil investigation alleging customs fraud. The matter was resolved favorably with no criminal charges and a favorable settlement of civil penalty claims.
- Defense of a national retailer against a claim that it evaded antidumping duties. The matter was dropped.
- New York University School of Law, LLM, 1973
- Columbia Law School, LLB, 1966
- Boston College, AB, cum laude, 1963
- New York
- U.S. Court of International Trade
Affiliations : Member, Customs and International Trade Bar Association
Rate : $$$