John Casciano focuses his primary practice on high-risk, high-value insurance coverage litigation, but also has a broad civil and commercial litigation, and trial background. John’s litigation experience ranges from complex insurance coverage and bad faith litigation, to general commercial and business litigation.
John has successfully represented US and foreign clients in state and federal trial and appeals courts in more than 15 states nationwide, and has tried jury trials in multiple jurisdictions involving environmental (chemical plants, electronics manufacturers), toxic tort/product liability (asbestos, coal, creosote), regulatory (off-label use of medical devices), and property damage and business interruption matters (terrorism losses).
He has handled a variety of complex commercial disputes, including litigation of errors and omissions, professional malpractice, breach of fiduciary duty and negligence claims against lawyers, insurance agents, and real estate agents. John has litigated third party general liability and first party property damage claims, as well as environmental contribution actions.
- Defense Research Institute
- The Federalist Society for Law & Public Studies
- Republican National Lawyers Association
Bar & Court Admissions:
- District of Columbia
- US Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
- J.D., New England School of Law, 1996, cum laude, Lead Articles Editor, New England Law Review
- B.S., Virginia Polytechnic Institute & State University, 1993, Biology
Rate : $$$