John H. Rowland, shareholder in the Nashville office and chair of the Firm’s Corporate Restructuring and Bankruptcy Group, represents a variety of clients in complex business reorganizations, restructurings and financing transactions.
John regularly counsels companies facing financial challenges, and has extensive experience in representing various constituencies, creditors and individuals in bankruptcy cases and adversary proceedings.
He represents buyers and sellers of distressed assets under the Bankruptcy Code, as well as parties who wish to proceed outside of bankruptcy. John also represents lenders seeking to provide debtor-in-possession and exit financing under Chapter 11. Mr. Rowland is a frequent presenter on bankruptcy-related topics.
- University of Kentucky College of Law, J.D., 1989
- Alma College, B.A., 1986, with honors
ADMISSIONS : Tennessee, 1989
Representative Matters :
- Wextrust Development Group, LLC (New York, New York) – Representation of large secured creditor in Federal Securities Receivership Action in the Southern District of New York; recovery of property and collateral valued in excess of $85 million.
- Oreck Corporation (Nashville, Tennessee) – Representation of post-petition lender and primary secured creditor in bankruptcy of national vacuum cleaner manufacturer/distributor.
- WesterN SizzliN Corporation (Dallas, Texas) – Successful representation of acquirer of $200 million national restaurant chain in competing plan Chapter 11.
- Murray, Inc. (Nashville, Tennessee) – Representation of approximately 30 preference defendants in bankruptcy of national lawn and garden equipment manufacturer.
- Regal Cinemas, Inc. (Nashville, Tennessee) – Representation of large landlord group in Chapter 11 reorganization of national movie theater chain.
- Graphic Arts, Inc. (Portland, Oregon) – Representation of significant equity and debt participant in successful Chapter 11 restructuring of prominent West Coast publisher.
Professional Honors & Activities:
- President – Midsouth Commercial Law Institute (2010 – 2011); Board of Directors (2006 – 2011)
- Chair – Bankruptcy Court Committee, Nashville Bar Association (2004)
- Member – American, Tennessee (Executive Committee Member, Commercial, Bankruptcy, and Banking Law Section) and Nashville Bar Associations
Rate : $$$