John S. Hetzel is a partner in the Chciago office of Seyfarth Shaw LLP. A member of the firm’s Structured and Real Estate Finance and Development practice groups, Mr. Hetzel has represented lenders and borrowers in construction, permanent, conduit, mezzanine and revolving loans, as well as in numerous workouts.
He has extensive experience representing institutional investment advisors in the formation of commingled investment funds and single-client accounts, as well as negotiating and consummating transactions on behalf of such funds. In addition, he has represented purchasers, sellers, landlords and tenants in the acquisition, sale and leasing of all types of commercial properties, as well as pools of commercial loans.
Mr. Hetzel currently represents homebuilders in connection with the acquisition and development of land for residential communities. Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Hetzel was Senior Regional Counsel of a $9.4 Billion (sales) homebuilder and General Counsel of a $1.3 Billion (sales) homebuilder.
- J.D., Vanderbilt University School of Law (1988)
- B.A., Indiana University (1985)
- Real Estate Group of Atlanta (President, June 2009 – June 2010; Board of Directors, June 2003 – Present; Member, June 1993 – Present)
- Pension Real Estate Association (Legislative Affairs Committee, March 2002 – March 2004; Member, October 1998 – March 2004)
- State Bar of Georgia, Real Estate Section
Rate : $$$$