John D. Schueller is Senior Counsel in the Firm’s Corporate Department and the Head of the Securitization Practice. John’s practice focuses on securitization transactions, encompassing many different types of asset classes, including auto loans and leases, timeshare loans, fleet leases, rental cars, single-family residential home rentals, cellular towers, television broadcast revenues and other esoteric assets.
He represents both underwriters and issuers, as well as parties in acquisitions and other transactions in which securitizations are involved. In addition, John regularly advises the managers of collateralized loan obligations and borrowers under securitized leveraged loan funding facilities.
John’s experience includes representing:
- Lenders and initial purchasers as designated counsel in numerous financings under Avis Budget’s rental car securitization program
- Volvo Car Financial Services, U.S. captive auto finance subsidiary of Volvo Car Corporation, in the structuring of an automobile financing program with Bank of America
- Invitation Homes in connection with multiple securitizations of single-family residential rental properties, including the initial issuance in such asset class
- Lenders in $12.5 billion of asset-backed credit facilities for Ally Financial and its subsidiary Ally Bank backed by auto loans, auto leases and dealer floorplan receivables
- GSO / Blackstone Debt Funds Management LLC, as manager, for numerous collateralized loan obligations since 2008
- Initial purchasers as designated counsel in numerous financings under SBA Communications’ cellular tower securitization program
- Initial purchasers in the Rule 144A/Reg S term note offering of U-Haul’s initial rental truck securitization
- Lenders in connection with the structuring of the initial car sharing securitizations for Zipcar
- Vantage Data Centers in connection with the first-ever securitization of data center revenue
John received his J.D., cum laude, in 1997 from the Northwestern University School of Law and his B.A. in 1992 from Dartmouth College.
- Northwestern University School of Law, 1997 J.D.
- cum laude; Northwestern University Law Review, 1995–1997
- Dartmouth College, 1992 B.A.
Admissions : New York 2000
Rate : $$$