John H. Sears is a special counsel in the Corporate Practice Group where he specializes in Real Estate and Banking and Finance in the firm’s San Francisco and Palo Alto offices. Mr. Sears’ practice emphasizes real estate, banking and bank regulatory matters and general corporate and business law.
He has been involved in the purchase and sale, financing and development of real estate; the leasing of office and retail property from lessee and lessor perspectives; the formation and sale of banks; the negotiating and drafting of loan documents for lenders and borrowers; the formation of partnerships and limited liability companies; and providing general advice for banks, corporations and other business entities. Prior to joining Sheppard Mullin, Mr. Sears practiced in the San Francisco office of Bronson, Bronson & McKinnon.
- J.D., University of California, Berkeley, 1965, Order of the Coif
- B.S., University of California, Berkeley, 1959
Admissions : California, 1966
- Member, American Bar Association (Business Section)
- Member, California State Bar Association (Real Estate Section)
- Member, San Francisco Bar Association
- Served as Lieutenant in the United States Army, 1959-1962
Rate : $$$