John K. Sherk has handled product liability and consumer protection class actions for businesses and governmental agencies in federal and state courts across the United States. He has argued against the certification of proposed class actions—and won—in a wide variety of cases, including those asserting product liability, consumer fraud, environmental, and property rights theories.
John’s class action clients include Union Pacific Railroad; Craft Brew Alliance; Uber; Remington Arms; Boston Scientific (formerly Guidant); Philip Morris USA Inc.; Bayer Corporation; Hallmark Cards, Inc.; Crayola LLC; Bayer Healthcare L.L.C.’s Animal Health Division; E.I. du Pont de Nemours & Co. Inc.; General Motors Corporation; The Tennessee Valley Authority; Lorillard Tobacco Company, Inc.; Home Depot U.S.A.; Loews Corporation; and Peabody Holdings. John also has settled a number of state and nationwide class actions for a variety of clients.
In addition to his work in the United States, John has handled international product liability and consumer protection class action matters in Europe, Latin America and Australia. He also speaks and lectures on class action issues and trends around the globe.
- J.D., University of Missouri – Kansas City School of Law, 1986
- B.A., University of Missouri – Kansas City, 1983
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- U.S. District Court, District of Kansas
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Missouri
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eighth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Tenth Circuit
- American Bar Association
- American Inns of Court Organizations, Ross T. Roberts Inn of Court, Chair (1995)
- Kansas Bar Association
- State Bar of California
- The Missouri Bar
Rate : $$$$