John D. Sigel has extensive experience representing borrowers and issuers in a wide range of debt financing transactions, including secured and unsecured financings, leveraged buyouts and acquisition financings, bridge loans, first-lien, second-lien, mezzanine and other subordinated debt, working capital facilities, drug royalty financings and receivable securitizations. He joined the firm in 1980. Over the last year, Mr. Sigel :
- Advised clients in the negotiation, amendment and extension of credit facilities aggregating more than $11.0 billion
- Advised issuers in the issuance of more than $1.0 billion in registered and Rule 144A note offerings and private note placements over the last year
- Represented a major financial institution in the shelf filing of its senior and subordinated debt instruments and the issuance of $1.0 billion in senior notes
Professional Activities :
- Mr. Sigel is a member of the Massachusetts Bar Association and the Boston Bar Association. He frequently lectures on issues concerning commercial law.
- Mr. Sigel is the secretary of the Quissett Harbor Preservation Trust and a member of the board of overseers of the Marine Biological Laboratory.
- JD, Cornell Law School, 1980
- BA, Middlebury College, 1975
ADMISSIONS : Massachusetts
Rate : $$$$