John Snyder provides comprehensive antitrust services, including merger clearance, litigation, and counseling. He regularly represents industry-leading clients before the U.S. Justice Department Antitrust Division, the Federal Trade Commission, and state attorneys general, including clients seeking antitrust clearance for strategic mergers and acquisitions.
Before joining the firm, John served as counsel to the assistant attorney general in charge of the Antitrust Division of the U.S. Department of Justice. In that capacity, he was an integral part of the leadership team that set U.S. competition policy and supervised the federal government’s civil and criminal enforcement activities.
John also served for more than a decade as a senior trial attorney in the Antitrust Division, leading many of the government’s most significant merger and conduct investigations and litigations during that period.
Over two decades in private practice and government service, John has developed particular depth and experience in the health care, financial services, transportation, telecommunications, and building materials sectors.
- District of Columbia
- University of Virginia (J.D., 1997)
- Stanford University (B.A., 1993)
- ABA Section of Antitrust Law, Insurance & Financial Services Committee, vice-chair
- ABA Section of Antitrust Law, Antitrust & Economics Institute for Judges, vice-chair (2016-17)
- ABA Section of Antitrust Law, Agriculture & Food Committee, vice-chair (2010-12)
Rate : $$$$