John Spears is a senior associate with Alston & Bird’s Real Estate Finance & Investments Group. He represents institutional lenders in secured financing transactions, including single-asset CMBS. Before joining REFIG, John was an associate on the Bankruptcy & Financial Restructuring Team, where he represented secured creditors, creditors’ committees and retained professionals in a wide variety of complex Chapter 11 cases.
Bar Admissions : New York
- New York University (J.D., 2008)
- University of Georgia (B.B.A., 2003)
- New York State Bar Association
- Southern District of New York
- Eastern District of New York
- Represented a national bank in the origination of mortgage and mezzanine loans totaling $700 million that were securitized and ultimately secured by the borrowers’ interests as the tenant under a ground lease and under a (sub-sub-)lease of a sub-leasehold condominium unit, including negotiations regarding the ownership structure.
- Represented a national bank in the origination of a $176 million mortgage loan that was securitized and secured by a ground lessor’s interest in certain commercial real property in New York City.
Rate : $$$