John L. Spilman focuses his practice on transactional and advisory matters involving energy, alternative energy production, product distribution, intellectual property, information technology, and data privacy.
In addition to his mergers and acquisitions work, Jake advises clients on technology licensing and outsourcing agreements and general corporate matters. Before joining McGuireWoods, Jake was an associate at a leading international law firm in New York.
While in law school, Jake served on the editorial board of the Virginia Journal of International Law, was a chair for diversity of the Student Bar Association and was the pro bono coordinator for the Virginia Environmental Law Forum. In addition, Jake interned with the Honorable Jerome B. Friedman, U.S. District Judge for the Eastern District of Virginia.
- Representation of Dominion Energy, Inc. in the $4.4 billion acquisition, plus the assumption of debt for an enterprise value of approximately $6 billion, of Questar Corporation.
- Representation of solar developer in sale of six solar projects located in Oregon totaling approximately 65 MW.
- Representation of unregulated utility affiliate as acquirer in connection with the acquisition and development of a 60 MW solar PV project in Currituck County, North Carolina.
- Representation of solar developer in sale of three solar projects (each totaling approximately 15 MW) in North Carolina.
- Represented a United Kingdom based entity in the acquisition of a U.S. based data management solution with offices in India and Ukraine.
- University of Virginia School of Law, JD, Editorial Board, Virginia Journal of International Law, 2013
- The College of William & Mary, BA, 2010
- New York
Affiliations : Member, Association of Corporate Growth, Richmond Chapter
Rate : $$$