For more than 35 years John Stafford has assisted clients performing research, developing technology, manufacturing and supplying products, and providing services and support to federal agencies under contracts, grants and cooperative and other transaction agreements.
He has extensive knowledge, acquired through many years of hands-on experience, with the myriad laws, regulations, policies, legal concepts, and case precedents that impact the government contracting industry. For the past 20 years John has served as an advisory board member and contributor to the Thomson Reuters national weekly publication The Government Contractor which covers the latest developments in federal procurement.
He is the author of several in-depth Briefing Papers on public contracting topics ranging from the legally intricate — Res Judicata and Law of the Case Doctrines — to practical advice — The Federal Supply Schedules Program.
John has represented start-ups, non-profits, universities, small businesses, mid-cap companies, and several of the largest federal contractors in a variety of circumstances and a wide range of counseling and litigation matters such as:
- Teaming Agreements and NDA’s
- Joint Venture and Mentor-Protégé Agreements
- Proposal preparation and Red Team review
- Labor Department minimum wage rules, compliance and violations (renamed but popularly known as the Davis-Bacon Act, Service Contract Act, and Walsh-Healey Public Contract Act)
- Small Business size, affiliation rules and SBA preference programs (8a, SDVOSB, HUBZone, WOSB)
- Cost accounting principles, CAS compliance, DCAA audits and DCMA contract close-out
- Domestic preferences for end items and components (Buy American Act, Trade Agreements Act, Berry Amendment)
In addition to his long-standing federal procurement practice, over the past 15 years John has developed a complementary practice representing companies involved in all aspects of the US and international transportation industries.
Clients include shippers, motor freight carriers, railroads, air carriers, US domestic waterway and ocean cargo carriers, 3PL logistics and warehouse fulfillment services providers, NVOCC’s, transportation brokers, and freight forwarders.
- Maryland, JD 1978
- Georgetown, LLM 1984,
- Washington and Lee, BS 1971
- District of Columbia
- US Supreme Court
- US Federal and 5th Circuits
- US Court of Federal Claims
- US District Courts, DC
- Central and Northern Districts of California
- Northern and Southern Districts of Texas
Rate : $$$