John P. Stigi is a partner in the Business Trial Practice Group in the firm’s Century City and Palo Alto offices, and leader of the firm’s Corporate/Securities Litigation Team. Mr. Stigi’s practice focuses on securities class action and shareholder derivative action defense, SEC investigation defense, internal corporate investigations, complex contract and commercial litigation, and M&A and corporate governance litigation.
He has extensive experience representing issuers, officers, directors and auditors in all areas of securities, corporate and complex commercial litigation, from the early stages before a complaint is filed through pleading motions, discovery, mediation, trial and appeal. Mr. Stigi also advises companies on disclosure and corporate governance issues, as well as directors and officers insurance matters.
Mr. Stigi’s practice is national in scope. He appears in federal and state courts throughout California, New York and Delaware, and also has appeared in courts in Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Massachusetts, Mississippi, Nevada, New Jersey, Texas and Washington. Mr. Stigi is a member of the AIG Securities Litigation Panel (class action approved).
Mr. Stigi previously practiced in Silicon Valley and New York City where he represented issuers, accountants, banks, brokerage firms, and hedge fund managers in securities, commercial, bankruptcy, employment, and real estate litigation. Mr. Stigi clerked at the District of Columbia Court of Appeals and was an executive editor of the Virginia Journal of International Law.
- J.D., University of Virginia, 1987
- B.A., Columbia University, 1984, cum laude
- New York
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Courts of Appeals for the First, Third, Fifth and Ninth Circuits
- U.S. District Courts for the Central District of California, Northern District of California, Southern District of California, Eastern District of New York and Southern District of New York
- AIG Securities Litigation Panel Counsel, 2012-present
- American Bar Association, 1989-present
- New York State Bar Association, Civil Practice Law and Rules Committee, 1996-1999
- Los Angeles World Affairs Council, 2006-2009
- University of Virginia School of Law National Litigation Panel, 1996-2000
- Columbia University Alumni Representative Committee, Regional Co-Chair, 2007-present
Rate : $$$$