John L. Straub is known as a trustworthy and confidential counselor, Jack has extensive experience in family law matters, having practiced exclusively in that area for more than 40 years. Clients find value in Jack’s profound awareness of his responsibility, and his unwavering commitment to protect their information from public notice.
Throughout the course of his career, Jack has represented innumerable people in divorce and dissolution proceedings. In addition, he has substantial appellate experience, including two cases in front of the Ohio Supreme Court.
Besides his busy practice, Jack has written and lectured on domestic relations issues for the Ohio Legal Center Institute, the Law Education Institute, and the Toledo Bar Association. Jack also served for six years on the Editorial Advisory Board of the Domestic Relations Journal of Ohio.
Outside the courtroom, Jack recently concluded 32 years of service as a councilman for the Village of Ottawa Hills. In addition, Jack is a member of a group involved in the Toledo arts community, where he enjoys playing the piano before their weekly dinner meetings. His wife and he also treasure spending time with their grandchildren.
- J.D., The University of Toledo, 1969
- B.A., University of Michigan, 1966
Bar and Court Admissions : Ohio, 1970
Professional and Community Affiliations:
- Toledo Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Foundation, Fellow
- Ohio State Bar Association, Family Law Committee
- Toledo Bar Association, former Member Board of Trustees
- Ottawa Hills School Levy Campaign, 1992, Chairman
- Ottawa Hills Village Council, 1985-2017
- Advocates for Basic Legal Equality, Fund Drives past Chairman
Rate : $$$$