John V. Sunder is counsel in Venable’s Corporate Practice Group. His practice focuses on a wide range of corporate law matters, with a focus on mergers and acquisitions, equity and debt financing, and negotiating commercial contracts.
He has represented secured creditors in the workout and restructuring of distressed debt as well as purchasers and sellers of assets under Section 363 of the Bankruptcy Code and applicable state law.
John also acts as outside general counsel to emerging growth and middle-market companies throughout the United States. Prior to joining Venable, John was a high school history and civics teacher and coach in the Howard County Public School System as well as a collegiate baseball coach.
- Represented Praxis Engineering Technologies Inc., a government contracting consulting and solutions firm, in its sale to CSRA Inc. for $235 million.
- Represented a consulting company and its majority owners in its sale for $124 million, with the total consideration being comprised of cash and rollover equity.
- Represented an anatomic pathology laboratory in connection with its acquisition of a laboratory providing urologic services and its affiliated entity, and in its acquisition of two clinical laboratories and related third-party debt financing.
- Represented a private equity fund and its portfolio company in securing third-party debt financing to fund its acquisition by merger of a data analytics firm.
- Represented a healthcare company in securing financing from senior and subordinate lenders to fund the operation and acquisition of assisted living and skilled nursing facilities in multiple jurisdictions.
- Represented a distribution company on numerous commercial contracts, including the master agreement governing the out-sourcing of its entire trucking, delivery and logistics operations in the United States based upon modern, data-drive analytics.
- J.D. magna cum laude University of Maryland School of Law 2009
- M.L.A. McDaniel College 2005
- B.A. HistoryBrown University 2000
Bar Admissions : Maryland
Court Admissions : U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland
Community : John is an active board member of the Digital Harbor Foundation and Next One Up foundation as well as a former board member of the Ulman Cancer Fund for Young Adults.
He is also the co-chair of the Greater Baltimore Medical Center’s annual Fathers’ Day 5K event, a volunteer coach in the Roland Park Baseball League and a member of the Pastoral Council at the Cathedral of Mary Our Queen.
Rate : $$$