A Member of Stoll Keenon Ogden’s Evansville office who has been with the firm since 1998, John A. Thomason is part of the Mineral & Environmental Law practice group, as well as the Real Estate group.
A leading nationwide expert on oil, natural gas and coal law, John is admitted to practice in six states and speaks regularly on topics related to mineral and surface rights. He has successfully overseen commercial ventures involving the acquisition of energy properties worth billions of dollars.
John has helped clients navigate complex transactions involving millions of tons of coal and millions of acres of oil and gas reserves. He has performed due diligence and prepared legal documents for projects that have included initial public offerings (IPOs) for midstream gathering operations, transactions to support large mining developments, and property acquisitions.
John’s real estate practice complements his expertise in mineral law and has helped him secure the acquisition of energy resources in the Illinois Basin and throughout the United States. He can also provide assistance in the broader commercial realm, across a variety of industry sectors.
- University of Kentucky College of Law 1997, J.D.
- Vanderbilt University 1994, B.A., cum laude
- West Virginia
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Kentucky
- Evansville Bar Association, Board of Directors
- Energy & Mineral Law Foundation
- Western Kentucky Coal Association
- Kentucky Oil and Gas Association
- Illinois Oil and Gas Association
- Kentucky Bar Association
- Indiana Bar Association
- Campaign Cabinet of the United Way of Henderson County, past co-chair of professional division
- YMCA of Henderson County, past president
Rate : $$$$